Wade Adams Contracting are pleased to announce that we have won the MEED Projects Award 2023 in association with Mashreq for the Upgrade of Dubai – Al Ain Road, Contract 1A.
The project starts from before the intersection with Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road- E311 and extends to the Intersection with Emirates Road- E611 for a length of approximately 7.06km.
The scope of the project for upgrading the existing road was:
• Improvement of one interchange by introducing four new directional links with access roads
• Upgrading of 3-lane road to 6-lanes dual carriageway along with the construction of services and access roads and accesses to the private developments on both sides of the road
• Reconstruction of the crossing bridge along Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road (E311) by replacing the existing bridge deck, reconstruction of the central pier, elimination of the side piers and maintaining the existing abutments.
• Construction of the tie-in with Sheikh Zayed Bin Hamdan Al Nahyan Street along with the upgrade of Dubai Silicon Oasis Roundabout to a signalized intersection.
• Construction of a directional link and at grade access serving Dubai Land Community Residence.
• The scope also included the development of the Academic City Interchange to allow connectivity to the newly constructed extension of Academic City Road.
• Construction of seven vehicular underpasses and one new Interchange
The overall Bridge works consisted of 16,412m3 excavation, concrete in-situ of 81,682m3, formwork 94,7784 m2, formwork to bridge deck voids 10,068m, 12,177ton of reinforcement bars, asphalt wearing course of 66,395 m2, reinforced soil wall 70,205 m2 and structural filling for reinforced soil walls 479,640 m3.